Monday, July 13, 2009

City of Sheboygan




An Awesome Undrwater Adventure

After planning and atempting to dive the City of Sheboygan five times last year, my dive partner and I had to scrub all atempts. This past Sunday 12 July 09, the weather finnaly was on our side. A 12 km boat ride and we were on the sight of the wreck. After gearing up we entered the water and started our long 100' descent down the line. The first 40 to 50' the thought about Vis, was that it wouldn't be all that great. The thought of seeing history was something else. This was my first visit to a wreck that went down in a storm and life was lost. Once we past the thermalcline the view was something I will never forget, she looked like a "ghost" apearing out of no where. The Vis had improved to almolst 80'. We managed to get a good view, pictures too, from her bow to stern, and everything in between. Just her great size and looks gave you a piece of her history, something to respect and remember her by. 28 minutes later we started our ascent along the line on our way to our safety stop. All I could think of, was "when can I see her again". I would highly recommend to go visit her, if given the chance and weather permitting. The City of Sheboygan is a dive site I will come back to again and again. This year and many more to follow. She is what Scuba Diving is all about. Todd V.

No comments:

Post a Comment